- First editions:
- Jonathan Cape Ltd, 1980, Great Britain.
- Alfred Knopf, 1981, USA.
- Illustrated by: Quentin Blake
- Related books:
- Audio Books:
- TV Shows:
- Jackanory (1965)
- Buy this book:
How do you outwit a Twit?
Mr. and Mrs. Twit are the smelliest, nastiest, ugliest people in the world. They hate everything—except playing mean jokes on each other, catching innocent birds to put in their Bird Pies, and making their caged monkeys, the Muggle-Wumps, stand on their heads all day. But the Muggle-Wumps have had enough. They don’t just want out, they want revenge.
- “Mr. Twit was a twit. He was born a twit…” by Karla Kuskin (New York Times)
Criticism and Analysis
- “The Grotesque and the Taboo in Roald Dahl’s Humorous Writings for Children”
- Essay by Mark I. West published in Children’s Literature Association Quarterly
- Elsewhere on the web:
- Custom binding by artist Erin Fletcher
- The Twits – English Lesson Plan
- Designed to teach creativity, writing, proofreading, literary analysis, teamwork, and more
- The Twits – More Student Story Examples
- Builds on ideas provided in "English Lesson Plan"
- The Twits – Show, Don’t Tell
- A writing activity where that asks writers to make use of both showing and telling as they create a well-organized paragraph of description.