- First editions:
- Alfred Knopf, 1975, USA.
- Jonathan Cape, 1975, UK.
- Illustrated by: Jill Bennett
- Related books:
- Danny the Champion of the World (TV movie - 1989)
- Danny the Champion of the World adapted by David Wood
- Audio Books:
- Danny the Champion of the World read by Jimmy Hibbert
- Danny the Champion of the World read by Robert Powell
- Danny the Champion of the World read by Peter Serafinowicz
- Danny the Champion of the World read by full cast
- Danny the Champion of the World read by Timothy West
- Danny the Champion of the World read by Nathaniel Parker
- TV Shows:
- Jackanory (1965)
- Buy this book:
Can Danny and his father outsmart the villainous Mr. Hazell?
Danny has a life any boy would love—his home is a gypsy caravan, he’s the youngest master car mechanic around, and his best friend is his dad, who never runs out of wonderful stories to tell. But one night Danny discovers a shocking secret that his father has kept hidden for years. Soon Danny finds himself the mastermind behind the most incredible plot ever attempted against nasty Victor Hazell, a wealthy landowner with a bad attitude. Can they pull it off? If so, Danny will truly be the champion of the world.
- Surrey School award (UK 1978)
- California Young Reader Medal (USA 1979)
- Elsewhere on the web:
- Danny the Champion of the World – Chapter Study Guides
- Vocabulary words and questions for each chapter of the book, along with a suggested final project
- Quick Student Workbooks
- Designed to get students thinking critically about the text they read and provide a guided study format to facilitate in improved learning and retention