Completely Unexpected Tales
Information Description Teacher Resources Cover Illustration
- First editions:
- Penguin Books, 1986, Great Britain.
"Completely Unexpected Tales" brings together in one volume "Tales of the Unexpected" and "More Tales of the Unexpected." The 25 tales add up to a deliciously dark and bitter soufflé with a sting at the center. [from roalddahl.com]
- "Dip in the Pool"
- "Galloping Foxley"
- "Lamb to the Slaughter"
- Convince that Jury
- A R.A.F.T. Writing Prompt involving identification of important quotes from the story and then writing a persuasive essay in the form of a closing argument from a defense attorney
- Classroom Activities
- Includes a reading jigsaw, ranking features of the perfect murder, and vocabulary matching task
- "Mrs. Bixby and the Colonel's Coat"
- "My Lady Love, My Dove"
- "Parson's Pleasure"
- Online Games
- Online matching, concentration, and flash card games with concepts from the book
- "The Butler"
- "The Hitchhiker"
- "The Landlady"
- "The Way Up to Heaven"
Created and maintained by Kristine Howard with assistance from Michael Mander