- First editions:
- Viking, 1991, USA.
- Jonathan Cape Ltd., 1991, Great Britain.
- Illustrated by: Patrick Benson
- Also known as: Billy and the Minpins (new 2017 edition featuring illustrations by Quentin Blake)
- Recent news:
- Quentin Blake: ‘A new Roald Dahl character to draw, nearly 40 years after my first’ - September 12, 2017
- Roald Dahl’s Billy and the Minpins coming this autumn - April 13, 2017
- The Minpins (orchestra + narration), 1996, Camerata St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Audio Books:
- Buy this book:
Little Billy strays into the forest, where he meets the Minpins–tiny people who live within the trees. The Minpins tell Billy about The Gruncher, who preys on them. So Billy embarks on a mission to rid the Minpins of their foe once and for all, and sets off–on the back of a swan–to confront The Gruncher.
- “Reading is a little like dreaming…” by Denis Woychuk (The New York Times)
- Winner, 1991 Redbook Children’s Picture Book Award
- An American Bookseller “Pick of the Lists”
Criticism and Analysis
- Roald Dahl: The Master Of Darkness And Light
- Written by J. L. Gargett
- Description: “…The second essay addresses Dahl’s use of fear and humour in The Minpins.…”