- First editions:
- Viking, 1991, USA.
- Jonathan Cape Ltd., 1991, Great Britain.
- Illustrated by: Patrick Benson
- The Minpins (orchestra + narration), 1996, Camerata St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Audio Books:
- Buy this book:
Little Billy strays into the forest, where he meets the Minpins–tiny people who live within the trees. The Minpins tell Billy about The Gruncher, who preys on them. So Billy embarks on a mission to rid the Minpins of their foe once and for all, and sets off–on the back of a swan–to confront The Gruncher.
- “Reading is a little like dreaming…” by Denis Woychuk (The New York Times)
- Winner, 1991 Redbook Children’s Picture Book Award
- An American Bookseller “Pick of the Lists”