- First editions:
- Harper & Row, 1966, USA.
- Allen & Unwin, 1968, UK.
- Illustrated by: William Pene du Bois
- Related books:
- The Magic Finger adapted by David Wood
- Audio Books:
- 3 Favourite Stories read by Roald Dahl
- 4 Favourite Stories read by Roald Dahl
- The Enormous Crocodile and The Magic Finger read by Roald Dahl
- The Magic Finger read by Anne Clements
- The Magic Finger read by Roald Dahl
- The Magic Finger read by Kate Winslet
- The Magic Finger & The Minpins read by Kate Winslet and Bill Bailey
- The Magic Finger and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory read by Roald Dahl
- The Roald Dahl Audio Collection read by Roald Dahl
- The Roald Dahl Soundbook read by Roald Dahl
- The Twits, The Minpins & The Magic Finger read by Richard Ayoade, Bill Bailey, and Kate Winslet
- Buy this book:
What happens when the hunter becomes the hunted?
To the Gregg family, hunting is just plain fun. To the girl who lives next door, it’s just plain horrible. She tries to be polite. She tries to talk them out of it, but the Greggs only laugh at her. Then one day the Greggs go too far, and the little girl turns her Magic Finger on them. When she’s very, very angry, the little girl’s Magic Finger takes over. She really can’t control it, and now it’s turned the Greggs into birds! Before they know it, the Greggs are living in a nest, and that’s just the beginning of their problems…