- Published by:
- Penguin, 1992, USA.
- Edited by: Jim Trelease
- Buy this book:
Jim Trelease’s New Read-Aloud Handbook led millions of people to discover the special experience of reading aloud to children. In Hey! Listen to This, Trelease brings together forty-eight read-aloud stories that parents and teachers can share with children ages five through nine. His choices range from folktales (“Uncle Remus,” “The Pied Piper of Hamelin,” and the Indian “Cinderella”) to classic favorites by such wonderful children’s authors as Roald Dahl (“James and the Giant Peach”), E.B. White (“Charlotte’s Web”), Beverly Cleary (“Ramona the Pest”), C.S. Lewis (“The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”), and L. Frank Baum (“Ozma of Oz”). In addition, Trelease has written a special introduction to each story and makes suggestions for further reading.
- James and the Giant Peach – Classroom Activities
- Classroom activities related to the book
- James and the Giant Peach – Complete Novel Guide
- Excellent guide with vocabulary words, questions, and lots of activities
- James and the Giant Peach – Lesson Plan
- Comprehensive lesson plan with unit plan, diagrams, and vocabulary tests
- James and the Giant Peach – Peachy Ideas
- Includes some peach-related ideas for teaching the book
- James and the Giant Peach – Project for Children and Parents
- Includes summary, discussion questions, activities, and recipe
- James and the Giant Peach – TeacherVision.com Resources
- Includes several good ideas for enrichment activities, a list of Internet links, and a Dahl bibliography
- James and the Giant Peach – Writing Lesson
- Activity where students write their own large-object-rolling-through-something paragraph.
- Quick Student Workbooks
- Designed to get students thinking critically about the text they read and provide a guided study format to facilitate in improved learning and retention