- Musical produced by the Gagglebabble, National Theatre Wales, and Wales Millennium Centre
- Script and lyrics by Daf James
- Music by Lucy Rivers
- Conceived by Daf James, Hannah McPake and Lucy Rivers
- World premiere at Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, UK – August 2016
- National Theatre Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK – September 2016
- Based on:
- The short stories of Roald Dahl
Following their 2013 Edinburgh smash hit The Bloody Ballad, multi-award-winning theatre company Gagglebabble are back in an exciting collaboration with National Theatre Wales.
Wonderman is a unique gig-theatre take on Roald Dahl’s short stories for adults, combining a sizzling hot score of original live music, macabre characters, soaring imaginings and thrilling twists and turns, all injected with a wicked sense of dark humour. A celebration of the wonder of one of Britain’s best loved storytellers for his centenary year.
Prepare to expect the unexpected.
Cast and Crew
- Director: Amy Leach
- Designer: Hayley Grindle
- Lighting Designer: Joshua Carr
- Sound Designer: Dan Lawrence
- Cast: Adam Redmore, Hannah McPake, Lucy Rivers, Mark O’Conner, James Clark, Pete Komor, Joe Shire
- The Guardian review by Lyn Gardner on August 13, 2016
- The Scotsman review by Rory Ford on August 10, 2016
- The Edinburgh Reporter review by John Kennedy on August 6, 2016
- WhatsOnStage review by Daisy Bowie-Sell on August 11, 2016
- Bouquets and Brickbats review by Philip Caveney on August 21, 2016