Boy and Going Solo
Information Teacher Resources Cover Illustrations
- Boy - Tales of Childhood
- Unit Lesson Plan
- Includes unit of instruction for 20 lessons, 5 lesson plans, condensed first lesson, autobiographical scaffold, and comparative question
- "Goat's Tobacco" Activities
- Includes a number of story analysis exercises pertaining to the "Goat's Tobacco" incident
- Book Review & Activity
- Fun activity to help improve studentsí ability to write with descriptive details that allow the reader to visualize in their head.
- Vague Pronouns
- Students read and analyze a mentor text (an excerpt from Boy - Tales of Childhood), write their own narrative vignette, and analyze their use of pronouns in their vignette.
- Going Solo
- Reading Quiz
- Online reading quiz with questions from the book
Click on thumbnail to see the fullsize version...
Created and maintained by Kristine Howard with assistance from Michael Mander